When the discussion comes to the automobile industry, India has a huge market for it. The craze for cars in India is at another level, may it be expensive cars or affordable cars, market is huge in India.
Basically the cars are divided into some categories which makes it convenient to discriminate them these categories are – hatchbags, sedans, coupe, and SUV category. There are some India based companies of automobiles, TATA and Mahindra these two companies manufacture automobile of different categories as mentioned above.
When we consider the top most affordable cars in india the budget plays an important role. For instance, a car worth of Rs. 1.5Lakh will be affordable for a businessman but the same car will not be affordable for a middle class common man. Therefore the budget plays an important role in India while buying a car.
In this article we will be discussing the top 5 most affordable cars within the budget of 5Lac-12Lac Indian rupees. When we talk about the cars under the price of 12 lakh rupees, there are many options available, but we will walk you through the most affordable ones by eliminating the others on the basis of their mileage as well as by eliminating them on the basis of their features provided by the company.
- Hyundai i20 - Hyundai is a south Korean multinational automobile company founded in the year 1967. Hyundai manufactures cars falling in all the categories, but in our list we will be highlighting the details of the hatchback manufactured by Hyundai motors – i20. The Hyundai i20 is an Indian hatchback launched by Hyundai in the year 2008. The i20 comes in petrol as well as diesel version. The range starts from 700000-1100000 rupees. [ ex-showroom price]. The i20 falls between the i10 and i30. The i20 is assembled in india and turkey only. This car also races in many rally championship races also. It has automatic LED projector headlamp along with LED DRL and cornering lamps. It has a projector headlamp as well. The car has a sunroof which is not easily seen in the other competitive cars with this price range. The car has front disc brakes with rear Drum brakes. The car has 50 connected features which include Voice recognition , remote unlock, climate control, over the air map updates, vehicle tracking, vehicle health monitoring, emergency assistance. The average maintenance cost of i20 is 2500 Rs. For the first 5 years. It has safety feature like 6 air bags, ABS , ABD, hill assist control, tire pressure monitoring system, etc. The i20 gives a average of 20-25 km/l .
- MARUTI SUZUKI SWIFT- Maruti Suzuki was founded in the year 1981, it was earlier owned by the government of india till the year 2003, later it was sold to Suzuki motor corporation. Maruti Suzuki swift is a 5 seater Japanese hatchback car available in the price range of 5,75,000 – 8,70,000 INR. Maruti has stopped manufacturing the diesel engine, now the maruti cars comes in only petrol variant. The swift was launched in the year 1983. It is one of the most famous cars in the India. It has fog lamp which comes with silver highlight and halogen headlamp. It has front disc brakes and rear drum brakes. It also comes with a sedan version the name of sedan version of swift is Swift dzire. The swift gives an average of 23-25 km/l.
- Maruti Suzuki Alto- Maruti Suzuki Alto is a Indian 5 seater hatchback. It was launched in the year 2000. It comes in petrol engine only. The price of alto ranges from 3,30,000-4,14,000 rupees. Alto has managed to be on the top of most selling car in india for last 15 years. More than 37,00,000 units of the car have been sold till now. Alto is the first car of 57% of its customers. The alto comes with sharp halogen headlamps. The car has front disc brakes accompanied by rear drum brakes. The tag line of alto is “drive with pride”. It comes with 2 SRS airbags , ABS, EBD, reverse parking sensor, speed alert system, rear door child lock, seat belt reminder. In the international market the 8th generation of the Maruti Suzuki Alto has been launched. The engine produces a 47 horsepower which gives a mileage of 22 km/l.
- TATA ALTROZ- Tata motors is an Indian based company, currently own by Ratan Tata. Tata altroz is a Indian 5 seater hatchback manufactured by tata motors. It was launched in the year 2019, it comes in petrol as well as diesel engine. The price of tata altroz starts from 5,80,000- 9,50,000 rupees. Tata altroz has received 5 stars from Global n cap for safety after the crash test. Altroz is designed by famous car designer Pratap Bose. The electric version of altroz is being tested, it can be launched till the end of the year 2021. The assembly of altroz is done in pune. It comes with a dual chamber auto-projector head lamp, with leveling. The tata altroz gives a average of 19-25 km/l .
- Mahindra xuv300.- Mahindra is a Indian based multinational automobile company. It was founded by Anand Mahindra in the year 1945. Xuv 300 is a Korean mini suv. It was launched in the year 2015, it comes in petrol and diesel only in manual transmission. The price of the car varies between 7,96,000 to 13,46,000. It has beautiful fog lamp. It comes with intelligent light sensing projector head lamp. The xuv 300 comes with a sunroof. The mini suv comes with disc brakes on both front and rear tyres. There are many other options available with the xuv 300 like 4 wheel drive and six speed automatic transmission, but they are not yet available in india. The assembly of xuv300 is done in india and south korea. For safety the car has fetures like 7 airbags, ABS, EBD, hill hold assist. The Mahindra gives the warranty of 2 years and also for unlimited kilo meters. The Mahindra xuv 300 gives an average of 17-20 km/l.
The bottom line
So these are top 5 most affordable cars in India!